Saturday, January 17, 2009

Mickey Birthday Card

This week my nephew turned 16 and being right on top of things like I usually am, I just finished making his card. Oh well, better late than never. LOL

Santa brought me the Mickey and Friends cartridge for my Cricut and I thought it would be fun to make a Mickey birthday card.

I made Mickey at the 4" setting. I then used the George cartridge for the numbers at 2.5". The diamond background is a stamp from Cards n Stamps stamped with Dark Peony Colorbox Chalk ink. I had a blast making this card. It was fun to add each piece and see Mickey come to life!

Here is a close-up of Mickey. Isn't he cute?

This is the inside. The car is called ToonCar from the Mickey cartridge, cut at 3" setting. I had originally planned on a red car but I had this metallic black cardstock on my shelf and thought it would make a very cool car. I was right. :-) So, we have a sleek black car with maroon seats....not bad, huh?! The sign post is also from Mickey. There are so many fun elements on that cartridge, more than just the characters!

Check out this car close up! It really does have a sheen to it!

Monday, I mail off the card, he should get it by Thursday and being a 16 year old boy, it will be in the trash by Friday LOL Oh well! Such is life. :-)




No comments: