Saturday, August 17, 2013

Brrring Brrrring

Boy what a week! The longest 5 (but felt like 15) days I have had in a long time!!! Yuk!

Needless to say, although I wanted to get in my art room and play, that just didn't happen.

And then today, hubby wakes me up at 5:30am!!!  He had to go to work and I guess felt like if he had to be up so did I.

Once he left for work (at 6:45) I got busy.

I had been wanting to make a little card for a dear friend that I haven't talked to in several months. Just a little 'how ya doin' card.

Here is what I came up with.


The phone is on the From My Kitchen cartridge. I love all the retro items on that cart!
The background shape is from Pink Journey.

I used my art chalks to give a bit more depth to the phone and then mounted it at an angle for a couple reasons...
1. if stripes are even slightly off the phone at an angle will counter balance that and make those wonky stripes not so noticeable (but I think mine stripes are straight!!!)
2. placing the phone on a angle makes it more playful and fun  ;-)

I got this done so early that I was able to get it out in the mailbox hours before the carrier came so it is already on it's way across the country. Yay!

I am still waiting on a couple new cartridges to arrive so I haven't decided exactly what I want to do for my Thanksgiving cards yet. Hopefully my new carts will arrive this week. Fingers crossed!




No comments: