Saturday, June 23, 2007

ATC swap

I joined an ATC swap where you have to use techniques from the new Bernie Berlin book "Artist Trading Card Workshop".

We have to create 6 cards for swapping.

I chose the "gesso and magazine images" technique. You select an image of a person from a magazine, lightly dry brush a layer of gesso over it to soften but not completely obliterate the image. Then you alter it.

The hostess suggested we create 7 cards so that we have 6 to swap and one to keep. But, since each of mine are different I only did 6. Mainly because I fell in love with each one and if I did 7 it would take me days to figure out which one I wanted to keep. This way I have to send them all and if I want one of my own I will create it after the others are mailed.

I used Photoshop to make each picture into a "before and after" image so you can see the magazine picture that I altered.





No comments: