Friday, June 17, 2016

Moving Right Along

I cannot believe that we are already into week 3 in the ICAD challenge. If you don't know what that is you can take a look here

I am right on track and just finished my card for today (Day 17!)

I don't think I mentioned before....all my cards are plain (unlined) 3x5 index cards. Not the greatest medium to use but that is the point....try new things, do whatever you want....it is a disposable medium with no pressure. (if you are like me you have supplies in your stash that you are afraid to use because you spent a lot or they are such nice quality that you are afraid of messing them up and 'wasting' them).

So let me get you caught up with all my new cards I created since my last post.  :-)

Day 12: TV

My brother, as a small child, was always glued to the TV. He had to be told all the time to move back or it would damage his eyes. Funny thing though, he was far more interested in the commercials than the programs lol

I drew everything with a Sharpie fine line pen. I colored the wall stripes with a Prismacolor pencil then washed Intense pencil over it. And colored everything else with Inktense pencils. (how on earth did I survive without these fabulous pencils???)

Day 13: Playground
I hated this thing! My friends would tease me until I relented and jumped on then endured the spinning until I thought I was going to lose my lunch. And then having to jump off!!! I was a year younger than my friends and thus smaller. I was scared to death to jump off when it was moving so of course they would spin it faster as I was trying to dismount. Kids are so mean! 

Again I drew it with a Sharpie and colored it with Inktense pencils.

Day 14: Venn Diagram



I admit it, I had to Google it to see what it was.  And then didn't really want to make one lol

I swirled acrylic paints in circular patterns. I then dipped a jar lid into black paint to create the circle on the right and then into white for the left circle....Voila! A crappy Venn Diagram! LOL

Even my camera didn't like it! It kept refusing to focus on the card and once it finally did the colors were WAY off. I tried to fix it in Photoshop....but I think it would take a miracle to fix this card haha

Day 15: Bouquet



A simple vase with tulips. Drawn with Sharpie, colored with Inktense pencils and then Pan Pastels sponged onto the background.

Day 16: Wallpaper

I Googled "Vintage Wallpaper" to find one I liked. 


I then attempted to recreate a small portion.

I used only Prismacolor pencils, and since I do not own every color, it gave me a very limited palette. But I am happy with the results.

And finally.....

Day 17: Landscape

This is Yaquina Head Lighthouse in Newport, OR.

The sky is watercolor pencil, the white lighthouse and sea foam are acrylic paint, the rest is Inktense pencil.

I am very please with this one. I try to spend less than an hour working on my cards and this one came in at about 45 minutes. Considering how easily an index card ripples and begins to disintegrate with water I am happy that it is still intact lol

So now you are all caught up with me! Tomorrow's prompt is Orange. I am not sure if I will go literal and dig an orange out of the fridge or if I will just focus on the color....I do love pumpkins! Maybe I need to pull out some pumpkin rubber stamps for this one. Stayed tuned and find out! ;-)





No comments: