Friday, February 17, 2017

Happy Presidents Day

I'm still not sure why we have huge mattress and sheet sales for Presidents Day but I am very thankful for the day off.  :-)

I have no plans for this weekend!  I just want to relax....so much so that I am taking Tuesday off too lol

I have been relaxing a bit too much though. So much so that I totally forgot to make cards for my nephew (birthday in January) and niece (birthday just last week). Yep, I am terrible!

So I spent the last couple days making cards for them (and I guess I do have plans for the weekend because I am going out to buy gift cards) 

I love stamping and these stamps are so adorable.but I don't get to use them very often.




This little cutie is one of the members of Tim Holtz' Crazy Dogs. I colored him with Spectrum Noir alcohol markers.
His deflated balloon is from the Crazy Things set that was designed for the Bird Crazy birds but they work great with the Crazy Dogs and Cats too.



For my niece I made a gate fold card. I then took a separate sheet white of card stock and embossed it with Close To My Heart's Diamonds folder but used an Anna Griffin Impression Mask and Scoring die to create an un-embossed center. I cut this sheet in half and glued it to the front card flaps. I then cut the cupcake from Cricut's Summer Celebrations cartridge. I ran the icing layer through my Cuttlebug to give it some swirls. (the folder is part of Sizzix' Flourish stamp and emboss set).


Last time (or maybe the time before....old age affects the memory some times lol)  I talked about the round robin we are doing in the BadBaby group.

We are not supposed to share our works from everyone's books (and I am debating on whether I am going to break that rule since we were talking about the facebook group and not a blog) but I thought I would share the spread I did for my own book.

My book is 4Wx6H with the binding at the top. 

I drew and colored this rose in a Ball jar on watercolor paper using Inktense pencils. I then splattered dark brown paint all around.

I am really please with how it turned out so I am very happy that it was for my own book so that it will eventually come back home to me.  (not that I don't like what I have done in the other books so far because I do but you can't get attached .... you have to give them away)

So Happy Presidents Day... I hope you have a fun time mattress shopping lol

and Happy Crafting!

No comments: