Friday, July 15, 2016

In the Heat of the Summer

I can't really complain. The weather has been fairly mild here. We are normally in the 90s by now but not this year. Of course, I am having a yard sale tomorrow (I prefer shopping at them than running them lol) so we will probably have a record heat wave lol

The ICAD challenge is still going strong.
Some of these prompts are really testing my creativity haha

Day 39: Lens

I immediately thought....Camera


Here is my antique Baby Brownie camera. Isn't it cute?


Here is my drawing....drawn from a slightly different angle. The perspective is a bit off but everyone could tell exactly which camera it was so that works for me.  :-)


 Day 40: Surfboard


My first idea was a VW bus with a surfboard on top. But that seemed more like the focus was the vehicle not the surfboard. So I changed the focus.

Inktense pencils, watercolor pencils, white acrylic paint (for surf) and Sharpie pen



Day 41: Longitude and Latitude


I opted for Ohio Stadium. I don't draw buildings very often, especially not real ones or fancy ones and never a stadium. I love the front of this stadium with the beautiful arches. It is really pretty in person.

This was done with Derwent Graphitint pencils and a Sharpie pen.


Day 42: Yellow

If you know me you know how much I hated this prompt. I cannot stand the color yellow!


I painted the entire card with bright yellow acrylic paint. I then proceeded to try and cover most of it lol
I used a palette knife for the black paint, a brush for the blue (which took on a green color as it blended into the still wet yellow) and then let the red dribble down from the top. (hubby says it looks like blood lol)

I still hate yellow but I really like how this turned out.


Day 43: Mint


I didn't want to go with just the color mint as a lot of people were doing. I thought.....hmm.....Mint. Starlight mints popped into my head. I wanted to do a play on 'starlight' and remembered I had this wonderful moon. Unfortunately I have no idea where he came from. He is unmounted and I didn't write the company name on the back (which I normally do so this has me baffled)

The background is black acrylic paint which I then splattered white paint on with a tooth brush to create a starry field. I stamped the moon on a new card with black StazOn ink, colored him with Inktense pencils and cut him out. The mint was hand drawn on a separate card then painted with Inktense pencils and highlighted with white acrylic paint.


Day 44: Rainbow Making Machine


This one came to me as I was falling asleep the night before.

In case you didn't know, rainbows are made from Kitten Whiskers and Flower Petals which are lovingly hand-cranked through the machine by tiny fairies.

The machine is drawn with Sharpie pen and shaded with a #4B graphite drawing pencil, The fairy was painted with Twinkling H2Os (her skin was colored with Prismacolor pencil) and the rainbow is Inktense pencils.


Day 45: Play on Words


This one is a little hard to see. I drew it with my soft blue Pilot Color Eno pencil. I love how smooth the color glides onto the paper.

Anyway, I loved how it looked and decided I didn't want to go over it with anything else to darken the image.


And as for non-ICAD related projects...

My sister has a birthday coming up soon. I found this pop-up card at Lori Whitlock's site a few months ago and thought it would make a cute birthday card.
Every time I go there I find the most adorable files!


This is the front (not part of Lori's file) I would go into Design Space and tell you where I got the 'Happy Birthday" and the cake but DS is acting up and won't let me open the file. A quirk that happens sometimes. :-(



And this is the inside (the file from Lori Whitlock). I added the decoration to the utensil crock and the little rug on the floor.

I embossed the floor piece to look like a tile floor using Close To My Heart Quatrefoil folder.

The rug says "Let someone else bake the cake this year".

That about covers it for my week. Tomorrow is my yard sale. I am unloading a lot of stuff that was taking up valuable real estate in my craft room. Fingers crossed that I make some money (so I can go buy more crafting goodies lol)

Happy Crafting!



No comments: