Sunday, October 21, 2007

Still Another!!!!

Ok, so, this is number 4. You are now asking yourself, just how many of those balls did that company give her? Well... once I figured out that I could create something cool out of them, I asked around my unit if anyone wanted to get rid of theirs. I ended up with about a dozen!

So, another raffle, this one online to benefit gorillas. See: http://atomicwarbride.blogspot.com/

I covered the ball with torn strips of book pages from some book I altered years ago. (still had the leftover pages in my stash)

Once dry, I used brown chalk to "antique" the paper.

I stamped lots of images for this one. The photo stamps are from Oxford Impressions, the gibson girl, the pen and a couple of the keys are from NonSequitor and the rest of the keys and the locks are from Stampin Up.

Again, I used permanent ink. The keys were all stamped on tissue paper, I wanted it to appear as if I had stamped them directly on the ball (which is does). All others were stamped on printer paper, colored with pencils and Mod Podged onto the ball.

I used glossy Mod Podge to seal. I like using the glossy just because these balls seem to be like a paperweight and the glossy seems to help impart that feeling more (to me anyway) :-)


Below is a close-up of the top of the ball.



No comments: