Sunday, April 09, 2017

Happy Anniversary!

Hubby and I just celebrated our 15th anniversary. We always take a few days and head to the coast. It is a nice way to relax and so nice to get away but it also keeps me from creating much lol

I did manage to get my Mother's Day cards done before we left.


My camera is having issues. Every picture has a yellow cast. I keep messing with the settings and it makes no difference. This card is actually blue (not aqua lol) and the interior layer is white.

The fancy lace edge is a cutting die from Crafter's Companion called Sophia. Isn't it gorgeous?!  It was another one of those March 8 craft day purchases. I told you I bought WAY MORE than I usually do! lol

The lace corner comes from the Vintage Wedding Cricut image set. I have no idea if that is a cartridge or just a set in Design Space as I had never heard of it before. The actual image is a round lace doily that I sliced down to just a corner piece.

The flowers are also from Cricut and is called 3D Cactus Flower.

"Happy Mother's Day" was cut with my Cuttlebug. "Happy" came from the Crafter's Companion die set call 'Let's Party'. I liked the smaller size. This set is actually designed to go with the Diamond Press cut/emboss machine but the dies work great in the Cuttlebug too.
"Mother's Day" comes from Anna's 'Wishful Thinking' set.  It also has a 'happy' die but it is much larger and took up too much space. I love how all these word dies from CC and AG can be mixed together!


This card just kept growing lol

I started with Anna's Flower Bramble cutting die in pink on top of the cream card base.

I then cut the image for the sentiment (and it's dark pink layer) from the Fantastic Flips Cricut cartridge. I stamped the sentiment using Anna Griffin's flip card stamp sentiments set.

I needed more so I used Print Then Cut on the Cricut Explore and cut the roses which are on the Fantastic Flips extra content cartridge.

I needed even more so I added the lavender layer under the Flower Bramble. 
Ugh! I felt it still needed MORE lol  So I dug through the cutting die drawer (yes, I have a drawer and it is over flowing - even after moving a ton of dies into magnetic storage binders lol) 
I cut the cream, rounded edge lace using a die from the Eleanor Laces set.

You know I don't normally have this many layers on a card but I think I was channeling Anna Griffin lol

I like how it turned out so I guess Anna didn't steer me wrong. :-)

And lastly...


Hubby's niece announced this week that she is engaged. I thought that deserved a card. :-)

The fancy edge is from Anna Griffin's edge die set. These dies cut so beautifully!
I then added a cream strip topped with a vellum embossed layer using the border from the Bit of Paisley embossing folder set.
The roses and sentiment were embellishments from one of the AG flip card sets.


Here is a close-up of the embossed vellum. It looks a lot like lace when you emboss it.

Helpful tip: put a piece of card stock under the vellum in the embossing folder. It keeps the vellum from tearing AND you also get an embossed layer to use in a later project.


Here is a picture from our anniversary trip. It was close to sunset on a cloudy day. This is the Coquille River lighthouse in Bandon, Oregon. 
It no longer contains a light but is still a beautiful building. It is often open for tours and you can climb up into the light tower.

I hope you all have a beautiful week and lots of crafting time!

Happy Crafting!!!

No comments: