Saturday, February 14, 2009

It has been over a week since I have posted anything.

My last post was on Feb. 4. On Friday, February 6, my beloved little Tucker lost his battle with kidney disease. It was the hardest thing I have had to endure, letting him go.

He was such a huge part of my life. I talked to him constantly (and he listened and replied). I keep expecting to see him peeking around the corner at me or sitting in his bed when I turn around.

Last night I was eating ice cream and did what I always do, I called for him to join me.

It is so hard trying to adjust to him being gone. Hopefully the pain and loneliness will subside.


1 comment:

Jo Anne O. said...

Cheryl,

I know what you are going through with losing Tucker. My Rosie passed away with kidney failure suddenly in August and it has been a hard adjustment.

Let me tell you a true story...

My Rosie use to sleep on my pillow with me and one morning a few weeks ago, I opened my eyes to see her laying next to my head! Seriously. It was her and I was awake when it happened. I blinked really hard and she was STILL there
so I just stared at her for a long bit and said "hi baby girl" which was her nick name. I then closed my eyes and when I opened them, my other cat Skye was there. Funny thing is that now Skye has been diagnosed with a kidney stone...not sure what that means exactly but I thought I would share it with you. It seems with each cat we have had who have passed away, they always return for a visit.

I hope that you will be visited by Tucker too. Hugs, Jo Anne