Saturday, May 03, 2014

So many ideas, so little time

I feel like I have been spinning in circles this week. I have so many things I want to do and just can't find the time!

Plus, we are starting the 'busy season' in my family. My parents like all their holidays smacked up together so we have Mother's Day, then dad's birthday, next is Mom's birthday and then Father's Day. That is a lot of shopping and a lot of cards to cram into a 4 week period! lol  To add to that, since they don't live near me, I ship everything together to try to save a little.  Needless to say, I had to get busy finishing up my cards! (Mother's Day is only a week away ya know!)

In case you missed it, here is the birthday card in a box that I made for my mom a couple months ago. (see I really try to not wait until the last second lol)


I had made her a Mother's Day card around the same time but, although I like it, I decided to make another one...yeah I don't understand it either.

The flower pot with flowers is from Freshly Picked, the tag is from Picturesque, the blue thingy is from Elegant Edges. I let the Cricut Explore do the writing on the tag. I embossed the top of the background with the flowers from Cuttlebug's Plum Blossom set. And those are button brads in the centers of the flowers.

 

Making cards for my Mom is so much easier than making cards for my Dad (or for men in general). Why is that?

Over the past week I had to figure out what to make...

My Dad loves his truck....he has so many bells and whistles on that thing! lol
Here is a picture of it.


I tried to recreate it on a card. The 'background' trees and road as well as the truck are from Outdoor Man. The background shape is most likely from Elegant Edges. I used a shiny silver cardstock that was actually packing material from something. It worked great for all that chrome! lol


And then we have Father's Day. I embossed cattails onto the cardstock using Darice's Nature set. The geese are from Outdoor Man. And of course I let the Explore do the writing. Can I just say that I am so happy that the Explore writes! My handwriting is HORRIBLE so now I have nicely written cards! Yay!


And of course we have a graduation in June. My niece is graduating from high school. Poor thing, her school colors are blue and gold (ugh! I am a buckeye...we do NOT do blue and gold!!!) And her gown is going to be that obnoxious gold. Yuk! Hating yellow/gold as I do, I just couldn't put that horrible of a color on the card....sorry lol  I did my best and toned it down to a light yellow which is still sort of bright but not glaringly so. (it is a little brighter in the picture than in person) ;-)

The grad is from Paper Dolls Teen Scene, the numbers are from Art Deco. I swiped the glasses from one of the boys on the cartridge....he was wearing sunglasses in the shape I wanted. I took his sunglasses, welded the lenses to the frames which turned them into glasses. Now she looks just like my niece. You can't really tell in the photo but the shoes and glasses are purple....that girl loves her purple! lol


But I played this week too....sometimes you need to do stuff just for you!

I experimented with stamps and the Cricut. I love stamping but am not always a fan of cutting out my images lol  I stamped my image then filled it in and went a bit outside the lines. I then scanned this and imported it into Design Space. I let Cricut cut it out and then I stamped on the cut.

This is a stamped I carved of Tucker at least 15 years ago....he was going through his chubby period.

I then did the same thing with one of my favorite stamps, a yowling cat from Mars Tokyo.

I need to work on lining up the stamp on the cut but you get the idea.


And finally, I just got an order from Close To My Heart. I am in love with the Balloon Ride paper pack (X7180B) and the Give a Lift stamp set which has 2 gorgeous balloons as well as some sayings and other goodies (D1581)!  The swirls are from the Skylark Scrapbooking Workshop set (D1591). I also added some 'postage' from the retired set Vintage Post Card.


This week looks like it is going to be another busy one....plus I just found out I am going to be a grandmother (we need to find another, not so old sounding, name for that) so that means another card to make :-)

If you are interesting in the Close To My Heart papers and sets I used please check out my website www.CherylWrede.ctmh.com

No comments: