Sunday, June 22, 2014

Tim's Tags and More

Wow! Summer has officially arrived! And I am fighting to find time to spend in my art room. What with gardening and playing outside (and work of course).  But I have managed to grab some time here and there over the past few weeks and have a few things to share today.

Let's start with Tim Holtz' tags of the month. June is a watercolor technique that was sooooo much fun!!!  You can see his instructions and photos on his blog.

I used the Schoolhouse stencil and tried it with a couple different color combinations.

I love the soft, blended look and the green one just screamed summer beach to me. I will probably use the red one for a fall, back-to-school project.

Here is my finished tag.

The girl is from Oxford Impressions, the stamped shell is Inkadinkado, the fish (yes, there is a fish swimming by above her head) is from Tim Holtz. The 'label' was cut and written on the Cricut.

Here is a close up.

Real shells and sea glass are glued at the bottom.
I am entering my tag in the monthly contest on Tim's blog. Wish me luck.  :-)  (and someone remind me to actually go enter....I tend to forget that part lol)

And of course I made a bunch of cards over the past month as well.

I was still in my mood to have the note card slip down into the shape (instead of just a folded card) so I made this typewriter for my mom. She had a typewriter just like this when I was growing up....she got it as a gift when she was in high school.
The typewriter is from Suburbia. The paper was cut in such a way that it cannot be removed from the typewriter. My mom loved it!

My nephew has a birthday coming up very soon. What on earth do you put on a card for a 17 year old boy? Well, I put a car. lol

The car is from Nate's ABCs, the words are from Close To My Heart Artbooking. The card itself is even brighter than the picture. I call it glow-in-the-dark green. This is one really bright card! lol


And since it is summer now and I am wishing that I had a vacation planned (but I don't) I sent myself to the beach via projects.

Here is a cute card I made to try out Cricut's drawing ability. I have written tons of things with it but never let it draw instead of cut an image.

The drawn sandcastle and the crab are from Miss Kate's Cuttables (how can you not love that crab? lol), the Bear with shovel and bucket is from Little Scraps of Heaven Designs. I was very pleased with how well it drew the intricate castle.

I was also in the mood to do a 3D project. I have several carts that make boxes and such but if I don't NEED one then I don't make one....who has room to store all these things??? But I really wanted to make something so I played with the Summer Soirees cartridge and created this.
It is small and cute (from top to bottom it is only 5 inches tall) and the perfect size for one of my bars of soap...so guess how everyone is getting their gift soaps this year?! lol

And then some days I just like to drive myself nuts I guess. Let me just say this. I love the Disney cartridges, I love Disney so being able to produce my favorite characters is wonderful. BUT they have sooooooooooo many pieces that they can be a real challenge.

The front of the card....easy peasy.

The inside..... cut at 2.5 inches, these stripes and such are a pain in the butt to assemble! lol  But isn't he cute?

And lastly, I created a couple hearts for the Heart for Healing project. You can read about it here.

All the parts were cut on the Cricut. The stamps are from Close To My Heart. The bird is from the Fabulous You set #C1533, Believe is from retired set Be Happy #B1298.

I hope you all have a wonderful week. Until next time, happy crafting!!!








1 comment:

Hetty said...

Great vesion ofthe Tim Holtz June tag. Absolutely Summer.