Sunday, March 22, 2015

Sometimes I surprise myself

It seems like it has been ages since I have been here but it really was just a month ago. (which is much longer than I like but...)

I felt like I just hadn't done anything so why bother dropping in and yet when I downloaded the pictures from my camera (I take pics as I work and/or complete things) I found 38 photos! Don't worry, I am not going to post ALL of them on here.....just a lot of them lol

I have been all over the place with my projects these past weeks. Partially due to new supplies (Gelli Plates and Gelatos) and partially due to missing Kitty and stress from work. I don't seem to stay very focused but obviously I was more focused than I realized HaHa

I am still in LOVE with Gelatos! How can you not be in love with paints that give you such rich and luscious color?

Here is a journal page that I have been working on when ever the mood strikes. I don't know if it is done yet but I love how it looks.


I have not Photoshopped this picture. The colors really are that rich and vibrant! And they blend so easily with just your finger and a dab of water!


I love this stamp. He comes from Abracadabra. It is hard to tell but I rubbed a little color under him as a shadow. I ended up rubbing on a bit more after the photo but was too lazy to grab my camera again. Shame on me.


I am having a blast experimenting with Gel Medium as well. This photo depicts the upper right corner, the upper left and the bottom right.
In the upper right I stamped first then applied the Gel Medium so it looks like you are looking through bubbles at the stamp image. The upper left I used the lighter blues and teals then added the gel and went over it with pinks and darker blues so the lighter colors show in the squares. I did the same on the bottom right with greens and yellows and then orange over top. I love seeing the bottom layers of color through the gel shapes.

But fear not, I have not abandoned my Explore lol


Our anniversary is coming up and I wanted a cool card for Hubby.
This comes from the SVG Cuts Hearts Aflame set.
Isn't that matchbook just the cutest?!
I used the Heartstrings paper pack from Close To My Heart. Everything but the yellows came from that set. Such gorgeous papers. I had purchased 2 packs and they are now gone and I am wishing I had bought more!

Here is what I made with the rest of the papers.

 

It is a Waterfall Folio. I plan on using it as a mini scrapbook for our mini getaway. I usually do some sort of scrapbook for our anniversary trips but since last years book is only about half done I figured I better set up something super easy to do for this year (having 2 books going is not something I want to deal with lol)

You can watch the tutorial for the folio here. They are super easy and make great gifts.


And of course, I am still using my Gelli Plates at least a couple times a week. I find it to be very relaxing after a stressful day at work.
I will not bore you with pictures of the tons of prints I have made. You're welcome. LOL

But I wanted to share a before picture with you.

I printed a couple tags.

Now obviously I knew you could print on tags. You can print on pretty much anything you want lol  But I wanted to see if I would like printed tags and if they would inspire me to make anything with them.

I have to say, the springtime ideas are flying around my head already for the green one and I know the red one will become some fabulous project for fall or Halloween.

Stay tuned for after pictures....eventually.  :-)

And lastly.....yeah yeah I am finally getting toward the end. :-)

I joined a swap. I haven't swapped with any groups in a long time. The last few times were not good experiences and resulted in me spending lots of time creating wonderful projects just to have the people I was swapping with keep my stuff and never send anything back. It made me swear I would never swap again.

BUT the BadBabies are back and swapping again! I am so excited! I have missed those people!!!

I signed up for an Arched ATC swap. All the cards have to be Arch shaped. Now being the bad baby that I am I took some leeway with the 'arch' shape lol

I had to make 6 cards, I ended up making 7 because I decided to keep one of them lol

 
I used a Gelli print for the interior of her head. See, I actually use my prints. :-)


 
Ha! Look at that! Another Gelli print! AND the houses are masks I used in one of my prints. I liked how they turned out better than I liked the print lol

 
Back to my roots....Asian stamping. I love this stamp, she comes from Stamp Magick. The kanji says Health.

 
This dragonfly is from UpTown Stamps. The lettering is from the CTMH Curlicue Alphabet D1630. The background is colored with Gelatos.


And looky there! Another Gelli print. I cut it into strips to make the nest. The bird is from the Cricut Winter Frolic cartridge. I cut him in white cardstock and then painted him.

All the 'arch' shapes were cut with my Explore from various cartridges.

And lastly, #7, the one I decided to keep.


Minnie is from the Nifty Fifties cart. I cut her in black and then painted on her white features. The Explore actually cut the eyes! I am still amazed at how intricate this thing can cut. Those eyes are less than a 1/16" of an inch tall!
The pillow is from Create a Critter.
She is decked out with rhinestones on her crown and collar. :-)

She thinks she is so regal.


This is the picture I put on the back of the ATC with the caption "As we see her". 
My crazy girl! :-)

Well, that wraps it up for this post. If you made it this far...Thank you!

And if you didn't well then I guess you missed out lol

Wishing everyone a wonderful week and Happy Spring!!!














No comments: