Friday, August 19, 2016

33 Days Until Fall

Summer is probably my least favorite season just because of the heat. And with the high temperatures we have been having it makes me crave Fall even more! They are saying we will hit 110 degrees tomorrow. That is just crazy!!!

Not venturing outside gives a person more time to play in the art room.  :-)

I am not sharing much today because most of what I did was trying out new dies and such that came this week....almost like Christmas lol

I did actually toss together a few cards.

Like I said above, I am ready for fall!



I am still playing around with my Tim Holtz 'crazy' stamps while I wait for the dogs to arrive. My order is supposed to be here sometime in September. :-D

The embossing folder is from Cuttlebug. It is part of a set of folders (but I only have this one I bought in a clearance bin at the local craft store). I think the set might have been Happy Haunting.

The images were colored with Copic markers.


 This adorable little kitty is from Close To My Heart. It is from the August stamp of the month set S1608 Purr-fect Halloween. The cat body has no eyes or adornments but lots of stamps to create a costume with 4 sets of eyes, a couple hats, the bat (which I used as a bowtie), a pennant banner and some phrases. I also added the jack o'lantern from Tim Holtz's mini Bird Crazy stamp set.  All images were colored with Copic markers.



I have a friend whose birthday is on Halloween so she gets 2 cards from me every year. :-)
I used the Acorn Scatter embossing folder from Anna Griffin's summer/fall folder set. The leaves and feather are from her summer/fall die set. The sentiment was written by my Cricut Explore and I am 99% sure it is from an Anna Griffin cartridge.


Close To My Heart released a brand new Cricut cartridge on August 1st. (and retired several of their older cartridges)
The new cart is called Flower Market and has tons of flowers - both 3D and 2D. I thought these 2D ranunculus were very pretty. Lots of cool containers to display your flowers like the jar with lace band I used. They also have fun icons and 2 fonts. It is a gorgeous set of images.
You can get one from my friend Debbie on her CTMH site

I used Darice's Fall Leaf Background folder and ran it through my Cuttlebug.


I told you I was trying out new toys this week. Not only did I get a cartridge and stamps, I also got some new cutting dies. This lacy oval is one of Crafters Companion's Downton Abbey dies. You can cut the lace to be a free standing oval or cut it like I did so that it is in the paper (no outside edge). It then comes with several smaller oval dies that fit in the center. I also got the circle, square and rectangle sets.....What? I had a coupon and they were grouping 2 sets together in each package. Trust me it was a good deal lol

And now I have officially made my first Christmas card of 2016.

But I am not quite done.


Sometimes I just get in the mood to play with supplies I haven't pulled out in a while. 
That would be my embossing diffusers from Tim Holtz. This is the circle one.
I used Anna Griffin's Fluted Damask folder. I then stamped the cupcake (CTMH Art Philosophy Cricut bundle D1497) in 2 colors (CTMH Hollyhock and Cocoa)
I felt it still needed something so I cut some 3D flowers on the Explore and glued them around the lower left edge of the circle.
I think it turned out cute and now I have another card on hand for....whatever.  :-)

So that covers most of what I did this past week.
I hope you are all staying cool wherever you may be.

Happy Crafting!

No comments: