Saturday, November 19, 2016

I can't believe Thanksgiving is next week!

Wow! Time sure flies by the older you get! Why is that???

I swear, I really have been busy.I have been making my Christmas cards. No 2 people get the same card so I am constantly dreaming up new designs.

I thought I had been photographing each one as I completed it but when I downloaded my pictures I realized I have only captured a small handful. I guess that means I need to get busy taking more pictures!

Just a word of warning.....this is a picture heavy post (yeah, aren't they all? lol)

These cards were all made with my Cuttlebug and dies from Anna Griffins Seasonal die set for Winter and Christmas


For this card I cut the deer twice and cut off the antlers off one of them. The embossing folder is called Holiday Knit from Sizzix/Tim Holtz. I embossed red card stock that had a white core. I then rubbed it with sandpaper to let some of the white show.


Aren't these dies just gorgeous? I cut the holly 6 times from a couple different green papers. I used Cricut's pearl paper for Peace. It has a lovely sheen.


It seems to be a poinsettia Christmas this year. I have several other cards and some package toppers that also feature poinsettias. Each flower was made by cutting the image twice and then layering them. I used gold Stickles in the centers of each. I think the Merry Christmas might be from Anna's Festive Words cutting die set but I know it also exists on one of her Christmas Cricut cartridges.


This bell shape is from Anna's Christmas Cards and Embellishments 2 cartridge. I turned the embellishment image into a card. I used Cricut's new glitter card stock for the first time. It cuts beautifully!

If you own this cartridge you can cut this card yourself.
https://us.cricut.com/design/#/canvas/44929826


But I haven't just been making cards.



I had seen some projects online using cutting dies to create a jack o'lantern jar. I have a Cricut and tons of cartridges so I designed my own.

The mason jar is from the CTMH Flower Market cartridge. The face is from CTMH Artbooking.
I added a small box to the back to hold the candle and also work as a counter balance.

If you own the above mentioned cartridges you can make this project.
https://us.cricut.com/design/#/canvas/46180447



I have been wanting to make this house since it came out a year or 2 ago. It is SVG Cuts Haunted Forest. I was intimidated by all the curves but it actually was very easy to assemble.



This is the project I completed this morning....a gingerbread house.
I used SVG Cuts Peony Cottage as my house and then searched through Cricut Design Space for embellishments. I think it turned out really cute. Hubby thinks it needs more candy (but he says that about the real gingerbread houses too lol)

I used tan card stock for the entire house and rubbed Tea Dye Distress Ink over all the edges. The roof and bottom step were covered with card stocks from the Classic & Retro Christmas pack from Authentique (#CRE500) I don't usually say what papers I used because I either have no clue or they are so old they aren't available any more but I just bought this pack last week and it has some really great stuff in it.



I told you I have been busy!
My sister's birthday is next week and she is a huge Buckeye fan - all the best people are! :-)

I wanted to make her something different so I came up with this shadow box. 

The O-H-I-O fans and the Ohio State logo are cut from vinyl and applied to the back of the glass.
The Columbus skyline is cardstock. I lined the back wall with glitter felt so it twinkles in the light. And ran a string of firefly lights throughout. I like it, I hope she does too.

So that covers everything that I remembered to photograph but I have one more thing to share.


I say all the time that I love yard sales and estate sales. It's so much fun to rummage around and come home with treasures. 

At an estate sale this summer I found this adorable little house. The beautiful flowers on the upstairs porch, the adorable children sitting on the steps! It is about 3x3 and it's a bank. It is cast iron and still has it's original paint. I fell in love with it from across the room and thought I might have to knock some people down to get to it lol

No one wanted it because the bottom insert is missing (which serious collectors say is a no no). But you can't even tell that when it is sitting on the shelf (you wouldn't have known if I hadn't told you now would you?!)

I found several online that have sold for anywhere from $50 to $100 some in far worse shape than mine. So I am ecstatic that I was able to grab this beauty for only $12! It sits on my mantle where I can see it every day.

That covers everything for now. Thanks for sticking around to the end lol

I wish you all a very Happy Thanksgiving and a joyous holiday season!

No comments: