Monday, March 24, 2008

Busy Busy Busy!

Boy do I have a lot of projects to get done this month!!!!!

Have I finished them? No! Have I started them? NO! LOL

As a matter of fact, I worked on things that aren't due until next month. Hmm, why do I do this??!!!

I completed 2 spreads in Anne's Asian altered book. For some reason the color in the pictures is off. I tried to adjust it as best I could but it just doesn't look quite right. Oh well, I already mailed it out so this will have to do.

This spread has a fabulous background paper full of asian writing and symbols but only a few show in the photo. :-(
Here is spread #2. I used a piece of Chinese newspaper I picked up in San Francisco. I had a Chinese New Year postage stamp from a couple years ago on hand as well.
The Asian stamps used in both of these are from Stone House Stamps. LOVE their Asian designs!!!! The fortune cookie is from Jim Stephens I think. It is part of a set and also has a blank "fortune" stamp to tuck into your cookie. I used a real fortune I received a few weeks ago. It says "Beauty surrounds you because you create it".
And then there is my favorite dragonfly....very stylized and delicate! It comes from Magenta.
I am in a Bingo Card Book swap. You have to make a book out of bingo cards. I could only find one in my ephemera box and it was a poor copy so I scanned it, adjusted the color and made it bigger. (it was only about 2x3) It is now about 4x5.

I just bought the woman stamp on Saturday. She just called to me from the shelf. She is made by Stampers Anonymous. The "Fun Pass" is from a new set I just got from Close to My Heart. It has all sorts of "tickets"...a very cool and versatile set. The moon face in the upper right corner is from Tin Can Mail. The sticker at the bottom is from the post office. They used to be used to seal the mail.....they no longer use them and my ex husband was a postal worker. They were throwing them away and he brought a pad of them home....this was about 20 years ago. I use them in the strangest places. :-)



I got this girl stamp about a year ago and never used her. I thought she was appropriate for this project as she has bingo card wings. She is from Stampers Anonymous too. I used another "ticket" from the CTMH set. And one of my many cats from 100 Proof Press. I filled the book with cream, sage and country blue pages. I hope the person who gets it likes it as much as I do. That is the hard part of these swaps, parting with things....if I like them I don't want to let them go. LOL

No comments: