Sunday, August 11, 2013

Happy Halloween!

Ok, so I am a little early lol

Yesterday I was in the mood to create! Since this mood has been MIA for a while, I happily jumped at the inspiration. 

I made my Halloween cards!  Yes, it is early but usually I wait until the last minute and then don't have enough time so this is a welcome change. Let's just hope I don't misplace them before October (if you could see my art room you would know that this is a distinct possibility!!! lol)

As I stated in my last post, my Cricut has come out of retirement and is hard at work :-)


Normally when I make cards they are the traditional rectangles with images/photos. But the Hello Kitty Greetings cartridge is perfect for making die-cut cards. It actually has a 'card' button (but I didn't use that feature because for this image it would have joined her on the left side and cut off her tail). I cut out the base image and all the layers and then cut out a 'blackout' image in the same size to use for the card back.  Doesn't she make a cute Halloween cat?  Her treat bag is from the Paper Dolls Dress-up cartridge.

I shaded her lollypop (or at least I think that is what it is supposed to be) and her treat bag with Distress Inks just to give them a bit of dimension.
In this view you can see more of the back of the card. Plus, she stands up for cute display!  :-)

I want to thank Jill for her kind comments on my last post. You are so right about the catch-22. It is hard to create when you are stressed but makes you feel so much better if you do! Yesterday flew by as I played with images and cuts and just let myself have fun.

Now on to Thanksgiving!!!  :-D


No comments: