Saturday, August 10, 2013

Yeah I know, I have been missing for quite a while

Between work being very stressful and home being very stressful, my creativity has gone right out the window.

To tell you how bad it really is, I spend most of my free time playing a game called Animal Crossing: New Leaf. That imaginary world is so much nicer than my real world right now that it has become a relaxing escape.

But, I think there is hope on the horizon! I am in the mood to make some holiday cards....Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas!  I am just trying to gather ideas and supplies before I dive in.

As I have been doing that gathering, I drug out my Cricut. I think it is such a fun tool! I tend to neglect it for long bouts (much like this blog) but when I do return to it, I play with it for several weeks (keep your fingers crossed that I do that same with the blog lol)

Did you know that college football season starts next month?! Yep! And to honor my alma mater, yesterday I created some tags.....1 for me, 1 for my sister who is a HUGE fan!  :-)  Go Bucks!!!

 
I used the Everyday Paper Dolls cartridge and cut the dolls at 3.5 inches. They are mounted on 6.25" tall tags.  For the background I used images of a Buckeye helmet with the buckeye leaf stickers and some buckeyes for the bottom. The text was added with Photoshop Elements using Yearbook font.

But I am not done with my Cricut yet.....
Today is Tucker's birthday. He would have been 21.
I wanted to play around with coloring my cuts with chalks and thought, what better subject than my sweet baby.


This cat image is from the Everyday Paper Dolls cartridge as well.....this is a really awesome cartridge jam packed with tons of cool stuff! He was cut at 3.25 inches using just a plain white index card. I then colored him with Rembrandt soft pastels. His nose and eyes are cut out. I lost the eyes (they were so teeny they just blew away) but managed to save the nose and painted it pink with acrylic paint.


I mounted him on a blue shape cut from the free Basics cartridge you receive when you download the Cricut Craft Room software. The text is cut from the Plantin Schoolbook cartridge. It is all mounted on a cream rustic deckle cut postcard I think I got from California Paper Goods years ago. (the black is just a background I used for the photo so it would show up better but I am thinking I may need to mount this on black cardstock)

Hopefully I won't be gone for so long next time. Especially since I really am trying to get all my cards started right now  :-)

Until next time.....Happy Summer!






1 comment:

BucksCountyFolkArt said...

Hoping creating has helped distress you. It's a catch 22. You get stressed and don't feel like creating, but creating often helps you distress (much like exercising!)
I was feeling the dark cloud above me for a while there and one day I sat down and started creating Halloween decorations. Lifted my spirits right away.
You have a God-given talent, use it for your outlet!
Jill