Friday, August 15, 2014

As I promised :-)

I said yesterday that I would be back with some of the projects I have made over the past couple months....so here I am!  :-)

But first, I completed another entry for the Fantabulous Cricut challenge. I normally do not like the sketch challenges, they seem to hamper my creativity. But for some reason, the one this week has jump started my Halloween card making. You should go check it out here.
 
This is my third and final entry for the week. But I have a feeling that this won't be the last card I make with this sketch.
My frog (or in this case - Toad) is from the Mini Monsters cartridge. The bubbles are from Disney Dreams Come True. The Banner is from Banners (not sure if that is a cartridge or just some digital images) and the text shape is from Close To My Heart Artiste. The stamped quote is also from Close To My Heart. It is C1509 Magic Potions (all of the stamps in this set coordinate with the Artiste cartridge).  I embossed the card with Darice's Dot Background since it is sort of a random, large dot pattern and I thought it would fill in for warts quite nicely. ;-)

I don't think this is exactly what the Picked Toad label meant but I think my Toad is definitely pickled lol

Now for the goodies I have been making over the past few months.

I love the images in the Suburbia and Forever Young carts. Silhouettes that highlight the clothes or items being held. But I am not always thrilled with just a black body with colored clothes. I thought I would play around and make them look more like real people. :-)

Here are the Forever Young cards. I used a newsprint type cardstock for the bodies. I am still on the fence about that but overall am happy with the results.

The honeycomb background is from Close To My Heart Artbooking. All the other images are from Forever Young.

The background on this one is from one of the Paper Lace carts I do believe.

Here I tried out flesh colored card stock (it isn't so orangy colored in person). I had to manually cut out her arms in the dress image so that she was actually holding the cup but I am thrilled with how she turned out. The chair is from Love You a Latte, the woman is from Suburbia.

I have a few more things lying around but thought this was enough for today. :-)
I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!

1 comment:

Avril Tanner said...

love all the cards you made! That Frog is just too cute! Thanks for playing along with us at FCCB!