Tuesday, September 02, 2014

I am so glad Autumn is almost here

For me, Autumn starts the day after Labor Day. Schools are back in session, trees are beginning to change colors and temperatures are beginning to drop (slightly).

I love this time of year!

I have been designing projects in the Cricut Design Space but haven't really had a whole lot of time to actually make them. At the rate I am going I will be lucky if I get caught up by Christmas. Speaking of which, I have Christmas card designs already swirling around my head!

I will share the few things I did get assembled this week.

I love yard sales! I am always looking for antiques or things I can use in my projects. Well this past weekend I found this awesome jar! I have found these before (and grab them if the price is right). I use them to hold wooden spools, buttons, balls of ribbon....whatever I need to stuff into a container lol  But this is the first time I have found one with a rubber gasket so that it is air tight! I have been wanting one to hold my flour (we are coming into prime baking season ya know!!!)


I used navy blue vinyl from Cricut.com. The text is from either Creative Memories Storks Delivery or from Close To My Heart Artbooking. (hubby and I were going back and forth on which one to use....he wanted one, I wanted the other and I can't remember which one we finally agreed on!)

I am still making Halloween cards but I have slowed down a bit. I only made one this week (but still have ideas for a couple more).


This little trick or treater comes from 3 Birds on Parade. I think that cartridge is just adorable!
The moon is from Pooh and Friends. I did some tweaking and removed some of the cutouts on it. His little treat bag was originally plain but I welded the face onto it. Sorry, I don't remember what cartridge it is from but any jack o lantern face will do.  I also removed the text "Boo" and had the Explore type the new text for me.

Like I said, only 1 Halloween card this week. But my sister in law has a birthday coming up (in mid November) so I created a card for her.


I wanted something simple yet elegant. The bird cage is from Straight From the Nest. The background shape with cutout swirls comes from Elegant Edges. The banner is from CTMH Artiste and was plain and only a single layer so I duplicated it and increased the blue one slightly to use it as a bottom layer. I then welded the swirls from CTMH Artbooking so that they were cut out of the white layer. I made the matching envelope using the We R Memory Keepers envelope punch board.

And lastly, I took today off....because a 3 day weekend just didn't seem long enough...and I made this.


I call it a hunting cabin. My plan was to make this little box, add a couple embellishments and use it as a gift box for my father in law's birthday. But.....I went crazy adding goodies and I don't think I will be able to part with it lol

The box itself is the same one I used last week from CTMH Artiste.
The door and window came off of a house on Kate's ABCs.
The duck and the kettle are from Outdoor Man.
I as for the 'Gone Fishin' sign. It was a sign with 2 boards on it. I did the hide contour feature and only kept one and then had the Explore write on it. It comes from Outdoor Man as well.
The roof was just strips of black cardstock that I embossed with Darice's Woodgrain folder and then rubbed with a white ink pad to show the embossing.
And I used chalks to give the illusion of a log cabin.


It looks like the resident didn't finish his chores before he took off fishing. Notice the woodpile and ax propped against the wall. :-)
The logs are from Create a Critter, the ax is from Outdoor Man (have you noticed A LOT of the items came from Outdoor Man? lol)
The grass behind the logs (and on the other sides of the box) comes from CTMH Artbooking.


This guy must be quite the outdoors man. Look at that deer head mounted on the wall as well as his snowshoes propped against the cabin.

The deer is from Outdoor Man, the snowshoes from Campin' Critters.


And look, he has a visitor! What can I say, I live in Bigfoot country lol

The fence comes from Mini Monsters, the coonskin cap hanging on the post is from Suburbia.
And bigfoot hails from Campin' Critters.

I had so much fun designing this one! And I have to say, even though it has a lot of elements, none of them contained a lot of pieces so it went together pretty quickly.

Yeah, I am 99% sure that the father in law is never gonna see this lol

Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful week!


1 comment:

Cocoa's Mom said...

Love the cabin, Cheryl and I'm pretty sure I wouldn't part with it either! It can be part of your Fall decor - just add a few colorful leaves swirling by!