Sunday, February 04, 2018

The Ground Hog Saw His Shadow

I feel bad for the rest of the country. Six more weeks of winter! Ugh!  But here in the Pacific Northwest, at least where I live, we haven't really had winter this year. It got cold (into the 20's at night) a couple times. But no snow, no freezing rain. Heck, I've only worn a coat 3 times this winter!  Maybe by having six more weeks Mother Nature might actually get around to sending us some of the white fluffy stuff....just so we can say we had some. :-)

But for the friends and family back east, I'm sorry. Bundle up, burrow in and stay safe and warm.

I always have a hard time getting back into the crafting groove after the holidays but this year, since I started Bullet Journaling, I seem to be more on track. I guess that is kind of the point of the Bullet Journal lol.

I have a couple more spreads to share with you today.


Here is my Valentine week spread. I wrote "Love Notes" in a Mickey style font and then created day spaces to mimic notes and cards tacked onto a bulletin board.

The mailbox holds my To Do list.

I drew Mickey, Minnie and Pluto with a Sharpie pen and colored them with Inktense pencils.


I've started setting up my March pages. Here is my title page and the first (partial) week of March.

I drew and colored the lion with Prismacolor pencils. I stamped "March" with my Kelly Creates month stamps and added the geometric boarders with Prismacolor pencils.

I continued the geometric theme on the daily page.


Here is a close up of the lion. I just noticed that I never went in and added the white highlight dots to his eyes (I use white acrylic paint to do that). 

And now to projects that my journal helped me get done on time...


My niece has a birthday coming up. Due to my post holiday funk I am always late mailing it out (just like my nephew's cards in January)

Not this year, card done and mailed! WooHoo!

I used a base card from a set of cards I picked up at Michaels. I got the idea from Ken at Ken's Kreations.  Michaels sells sets of cards, 80 cards with envelopes. 4.25 x 5.5. They come in patterns or plain and a multitude of colors. They go on sale all the time for something like $3 for a box. $3 for 80 cards and 80 envelopes! I can't make them for that! They make a great base. All I need to do is add the goodies on top. 

The trellis background is a die from Anna Griffin's heart die set from a couple years ago. 

The stamp is Winnie from Polkadoodles called Teacup full of wishes. 
I colored her with alcohol markers then used dip dotted white acrylic paint to highlight the ruffle on her collar and hem of her dress. The cupcake wrapper is colored with copper and gold gel pens.



My college roommate just had a birthday (ok, so I didn't get this made in time but I did get it made lol)

I convinced her to start virtual racing with me. She has already completed two 5k races and has started a 77 mile race!  Go Helen!  

I made her this sign to display her medals. After the photo, hubby added hooks across the bottom and hangers on the back. :-)

I used vinyl as my stencil to paint the lettering and mermaids. I painted the edges then wiped off the paint while still wet to give the edge a beachy, faded paint feel.

I really like how this turned out. I think it is my favorite sign so far. I was tempted to keep it and make another one for her.....but I didn't. I mailed it. I hope she likes it as much as I do.


And lastly...


I wanted a new sleep shirt but I also wanted to play with HTV (heat transfer vinyl)
I purchased a blank t-shirt at Walmart for around $4.

I thought the saying was so appropriate for me lol

That wraps up this blog post. I received my Dina Wakely Media journal the other day and have been playing around with one of the burlap pages. I will share that with you next time.

Until then stay warm and Happy Crafting!

No comments: