Sunday, April 07, 2013

A Day at the Coast

I was on vacation this week. I was a total bum! lol

However, we did take a break from lounging around to head over to the coast for a day.  It was overcast and rained off and on but nothing can dull my spirits when I am over there.  :-)

We made a short stop in Crescent City, CA before heading up to Brookings. I managed to get a few decent photos there inbetween batches of fog lol

I turned one into a scrapbook page using Photoshop Elements. Now, I will say again, I do not scrapbook....but sometimes the mood strikes me to play with a photo so I have lots of digital goodies stored on my computer for just such occasions.

I did a lot of manipulation of the photo before I decided to add it to a scrapbook page. I lassoed and copied the gull and railing before I washed out the background (just to increase that foggy look that was already going on). I also added several overlays to give it a very aged/scratched look. I then added the gull back on top.

Once the photo was added to the scrapbook page, I used the eraser tool and some brushstroke brushes to rough up a couple of the edges.


The shell, sand dollar, plant, flying gulls and background paper are from Skys the Limit - Beachy Keen kit. The tag and button have been on my computer for over 10 years and with 2 computer changes and several system upgrades, the company name no longer shows up :-(

The water rings are brushes! 

If you have never done so, you should check out all the brushes you can download online. There are so many really cool ones...for free!  I love online freebies!!!

Hope you enjoy this glimpse of the foggy Pacific Northwest. :-)

No comments: