Sunday, June 12, 2016

Almost caught up!

I spent a lot of time yesterday getting caught up on my Index Card a Day challenge. But I had skipped over Day 8.

Well, I got up bright and early this morning and got that done.

As I stated yesterday (or at least I think I did lol) I went to visit my parents this past week. We live on opposite sides of the country so that doesn't happen very often.

While I was there we spent many hours going through a box of old family photos that had been in the possession of my great uncle. We found photos of relatives from several generations and lots of pictures of people that no one knows who they are (am I the only one that finds that sad?)

But we also found my uncle's photo album from his army days. He was an army photographer stationed in Hawaii at the end of WWII.  These were his private photos and you can tell that he enjoyed Hawaii, his friends and the local culture.  He has several portraits of beautiful hula girls (that is how he labeled them "Hula girl".


With Day 8 having the prompt of Island I thought I would try to draw this lovely lady.

Now, let me say upfront.....I only draw portraits during ICAD (because I am horrible at it! lol) And I know this one is awful!!!  But at least I tried. 


So here she is. I think the shape of the face is close but the eyes and mouth are definitely off.

But I can say that Day 8 is officially done!  :-)

Now I need to get to work on the prompt for today (Day 12) which is TV......no clue what I am going to do yet but I am sure something will come to me.

Have a wonderful Sunday!

No comments: