Saturday, June 25, 2016

More ICADs

I am still on track and all caught up on my ICADs. You can view the challenge here.

If you haven't been following me the last couple weeks you can see all my cards for 2016 on Pinterest in my Index Card a Day 2016 folder.

And if you are interested, I have a folder for 2015 as well. 

I have now completed 25 days of the 61 day challenge. Yay me!

Day 22: Neon Sign


I had no idea what to do with this prompt so I Googled 'neon', saw a bunch of "Open" signs and decided to try and recreate that glow that neon has.

I used acrylic paints for the actual neon and Inktense pencils to create the glow.


Day 23: Winter



Again, another prompt that didn't really speak to me (and we just had Snowflake as a prompt a couple days prior!)

I grabbed my Inktense pencils, did a quick sketch of some mittens, added water to soften the color and called it good.


Day 24: Magenta


I am really not crazy about most of the prompts this week! (and we have a couple more later in the week that really don't appeal to me!)

I have nothing that I would classify as the color Magenta (which made the challenge even harder) lol  
I painted everything with acrylic paints. The petals are Black Cherry Delta Ceramcoat.
I stenciled the white flowers (it was the closest stencil I had to clouds lol)

The stamp is actually cut from a Gelli print using a Cuttlebug cutting die from the new Lost and Found die set. The button is die cut (from the same set) from a scrap of blue/gray scrapbook paper.


Day 25: Song


This idea came to me as I was falling asleep last night. I am very happy that I remembered it this morning. :-)

I love Disney movies and Cinderella is my favorite. I think the song 'A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes' is beautiful.

This may not be exactly what the song was about but it works for me.  

The bed/sleep section is drawn and colored with Prismacolor pencils...black and cool gray.

The dream is drawn with black Prismacolor pencil and colored with Inktense pencils.

I think I like the gray section better....mostly because the dream girl's eyes are a bit wonky lol

I hope you all have an awesome weekend and I will be back with more ICADs sometime next week. :-)

No comments: